Sunday, March 18, 2007

New Life, a Long Time Coming


I am pleased to announce (after a long absense from blogging, sorry), that my beloved trees have all sprung back to life. The photos here are of the largest of the three. I waited patiently for a couple months, and our first sunny spring days and lots of water brought forth these pleasing results. The leaves are a beautiful deep green, and are growing so fast now I can see obvious results every week. When the fear of sub 50 degree weather withers away, I will be giving the trees their first extended outdoor experience. I hope an outdoor spring excursion helps continue this fitful growth spurt, and maybe even leads to a summertime crop.

Sadly, I must report that the little progated plants that I started after the big pruning experience did not survive. However, a friend was kind enough to bring some beans in parchment back from a recent trip to El Salvador. I started to germinate them over a month ago. I was close to giving up, but just this evening a little white stem seems to have pop out of one of the seeds. Maybe time to build that greenhouse sooner than I planned. Don't tell my wife.









No comments: